Just because I know you want to eat something this delicious after the week of the 4th. As if we didn’t already have a ton of yummy-licious grilled food last week, right? This casserole is great for a weekend brunch or breakfast! You can even prepare it the night before and just put it in the oven the next morning! It’s relatively easy to throw together and I just love how customizable it is! You can add all your breakfast favorites! Creamy and sinful. Love it. It was definitely a hit at our house!
What you need:
1 package refrigerated, shredded potatoes (I used Market Pantry)
1 (10 3/4 oz) can of cream of celery soup
2.5 cup shredded cheddar cheese, divided
8 oz package sour cream
1 package Jimmy Dean’s breakfast turkey sausage
1 small carton (15oz, I think) Egg Beaters, Southwestern style
6 slices Oscar Meyer ham deli meat, shredded (just what I had on hand, you can buy actual ham and chop that up)
1/4 cup butter, melted
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 medium white onion, diced
1 1/2 cup diced button mushrooms
What to do:
- Sauté onions, bell peppers and mushrooms in butter until onions are caramelized.
- While veggies are cooking, mix the shredded potatoes, cream of celery soup, 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, sour cream, deli meat and butter in a large mixing bowl.
- After veggies are cooked, add to the large mixing bowl.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cook/heat up the whole package of turkey sausage in the pan (it’s already fully cooked, you really only need to heat it up); add to mixing bowl when heated through.
- Scramble whole carton of egg beaters in pan; when cooked, add to mixing bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together and pour into 9×13 glass baking dish.
- Top with the remaining cheese. *If you’re making this ahead, just cover it at this point with either plastic wrap or the lid for the casserole dish and stick it in the fridge. Take it out the next morning and bake for maybe 10 minutes longer (to account for it being colder when you put it in the oven. You’re still looking for melted cheese and bubbly insides the next morning!)
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Cheese will be melted and casserole will be bubbly!