This was a great recipe! Quite easy to make. The original recipe is from Allrecipes.com‘s Baked Parmesan-Crusted Chicken recipe. The original recipe used fresh herbs and double the amount. Since I used dried herbs, I found I didn’t need as much of it.
Parmesan Herb Crusted Baked Chicken
- 3/4 cup butter
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon dried thyme
- 1 tablespoon dried basil
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 6 (4 ounce) skinless, boneless chicken thighs
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Melt the butter with the garlic in a saucepan over medium heat. When the butter starts to bubble, remove from the heat and allow to cool slightly. Stir the breadcrumbs together with the Parmesan cheese, thyme, basil, oregano, pepper, and salt in a bowl. Dip the chicken breasts in the butter, then press into the seasoned bread crumbs. Place the chicken into a 9×13 inch baking dish (we used a cookie sheet).
- Bake in the preheated oven until the chicken is golden brown and no longer pink in the center, 30 to 45 minutes.
- After removing chicken from oven, let cool for 10 minutes or so. Serve and enjoy!
You’ll note that we had this chicken with mixed veggies and rice. The rice was actually the Mushroom rice from those Knorr’s Rice Sides bags…It was actually quite delicious and a great complement to the chicken! YUM! Enjoy!