In my last post, I mentioned that I baked several things in one day this past week. These cookies were the last of my baking adventures that day. This is another recipe from Baking Bites. I’m telling you – good stuff, go check that blog out!
These cookies are special because not only are there white chocolate chips in the cookies, but there is melted white chocolate in the cookie dough as well! The cookies are chewy in the center and crisp at the edges. The cranberries go so well with the vanilla flavor of the cookies! The recipe makes about 3 dozen cookies. I’ll repost the recipe in this post but here’s a link to her blog post.
White Chocolate Cranberry Cookies
2 cups all purpose flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup butter, room temperature
1 cup sugar
1 large egg
2 oz white chocolate, melted and cooled
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup dried cranberries
2/3 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350F. Line a baking sheet with parchment paper
- In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking soda and salt.
- In a large bowl, cream together butter and sugar until light. Beat in egg, followed by melted white chocolate and vanilla extract. Gradually incorporate the flour mixture, mixing until no streaks of dry ingredients remain. Stir in dried cranberries and white chocolate chips.
- Shape dough into 1-inch balls and place on prepared baking sheet, leaving about 2-inches between each cookie to allow for spread.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes, until cookies turn lightly golden around the edges. Allow to cool on baking sheet for 3-4 minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.