I’ve always been fond of beef stroganoff and I can’t really explain why. The egg noodles? The creamy sauce? The steak? All of it combined? Hell yes, I love it. My mom once tried to make beef stroganoff for us when I was growing up but it didn’t turn out as good as we all thought it would. Sol and I decided to brave the stroganoff waters and try again. This time we used Paula Deen’s Beef Stroganoff recipe which I will post here for your convenience.
- 1 1/2 pounds round steak, cut into thin strips
- House Seasoning, recipe follows
- All-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons olive oil (we used as much as was needed to cook the meat)
- 2 tablespoons butter (we used as much as was needed to cook the meat)
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 8 ounces fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can beef broth
- 1 (10 3/4-ounce) can cream of mushroom soup
- Salt and black pepper
- 1 cup sour cream (we used light sour cream)
- Cooked egg noodles (we used no-yolk egg noodles – they’re healthier)
- 1 cup salt
- 1/4 cup black pepper
- 1/4 cup garlic powder
Mix the ingredients together and store in an airtight container for up to 6 months.
Yields: 1 1/2 cups
This is a killer seasoning! We cut the recipe in half and still have a good deal left to try on other things!