In a continued effort to remain positive and optimistic, I’ve been trying to focus on the small things each day that bring a smile to my face. I believe it really is the small things that add up to make your day (or week) a success; we usually just overlook all the small things and just focus on the negative. So I’ve decided that before I start a new week on Monday, I’ll end the week by looking back and trying to remember all the positive things that happened in the previous week that made me smile.
- I got to video with Sol a couple mornings this week before we both headed off to work. It’s always great to end a day and then start another one to the sound of his voice.
- We had some time off from school because of the snow! I really enjoyed the extra time to myself.
- One of my newer students really put out some effort to power through his assignment (due this upcoming Friday). He stayed two hours after class ended and finished his assignment before some of his peers did. I was so proud of him!
- I had a great time with Steph helping our friend Erin celebrate her graduation at her grad party on Friday night! (thanks for driving Steph!)
- I had a FANTASTIC Saturday. During the day, I went shopping with Steph at Village Pointe and then we stopped at Nebraska Furniture Mart on the way home so I could browse for some new furniture and get a better idea of what I was looking for (Steph had also never been there before, so we HAD to go). I spent Saturday evening with the Studio Blue gang eating great food, enjoying each other’s company and playing some Apples to Apples (Thanks Joel!).
- Today, to finish out the week, I fulfilled at least one part of my “Perfect Sunday” – I didn’t set an alarm. It was FANTASTIC. =D
- I also thoroughly enjoyed the time I spent at the gym this week.
All in all, it was a pretty great week! I’m hoping this next one will be just as great. Have a fantastic Monday everyone!