so i haven’t had a lot of time to blog in the last three weeks or so. but during that time i found a recipe from cooks.com for oatbran muffins that i tweaked.
- 2 c. oat bran cereal (i used Bob’s Red Mill Oat bran)
- 1/2 c. rolled oats (i used Bob’s Red Mill Extra Thick Rolled Oats)
- 1/2 c. brown sugar, firmly packed
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 c. skim milk
- 2 egg whites, slightly beaten
- 1/4 c. honey
- 2 tbsp. vegetable oil
- 2 tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1 small apple (i used Fuji)
preheat your oven to 400 degrees and spray your muffin tin with a light coating of Pam. combine all the dry ingredients. mix egg whites, milk, oil, and honey and pour into the dry ingredients; mix well. peel and core apple. cut your apple into small chunks and add to the batter. use a spoon to fill the muffin tins as equal as possible. thennn, bake for 20-25 minutes. viola!
these muffins are amazing! they are only 3 weight watchers points per muffin and are very filling because of the oat bran and rolled oats! they are a great snack!